Unfortunately, we had to cancel #TruZurich on 12 June 2015. We’re very sorry about this.
What is a Recruiting Unconference?
#TRU is a series of pure unconferences organised worldwide, where the emphasis is on conversation, communication and the free exchange of ideas and experiences, (dis)organized by Bill Boorman.
#TRU unconferences were founded in November 2009 by Bill Boorman (UK) and Geoff Webb (Canada) and have since taken place several hundreds of times on 5 continents.
#TRU is based on the unconference or barcamp principle, this means that everybody can be an active participant instead of listening to speakers and watching presentations all day. The emphasis is on communication and the free exchange of ideas and experiences where the participants fuel the conversations.
Watch this video to get an idea what unconferences are all about.
Who will benefit from this event?
Participants come from the people space globally, usually in the field of Recruiting (both corporate and third-party recruiters), Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Branding, Social Media, Technology Developers and Vendors.
How does it work?
The format of a #TRU unconference is to run a minimum of 2 tracks running at the same time, so you can choose which discussion to take part in. The tracks are started by a track leader who has some experience of the discussion topic. The role of the track leader is to start the conversation and let the conversation evolve wherever it goes. Participants are actively encouraged to move between tracks according to what they need individually.
- No PowerPoint because we want the eyes to meet in the middle and everyone to have the floor.
- No presentations because the best knowledge is in the room by bringing together participants from all kinds of backgrounds with a shared interest.
- No pitching because people will buy from you if they respect what you say, not what you pitch.
- No name badges because we believe that if you don’t know who someone is you should simply introduce yourself.
- No dress code because we want you to feel comfortable and focus on the conversations.
What can you expect?
This video from #TruLondon in February 2012 should give you a good idea.
Who leads the Tracks?
#tru sessions are lead by track leaders, who are usually thought leaders in the HR & Recruiting industry. They start the conversation and let the discussion evolve to whichever direction it goes. The attendees are active participants and get to contribute to the flow of the unconference. Let us know if you wish to join and lead a discussion on a topic you are passionate about!
What will be discussed?
Have you noticed that the only thing that stays static in Recruiting is a constant change and evolution? Well, we have, and we are trying to not only keep up with the changes, but also to contribute to them.
Tracks from previous events:
- Mobile recruiting: The candidates are ready. Are we?
- Future of recruiting agencies – how will / should they evolve
- Why social media recruiting fails your cost-benefit analysis
- Visual Sourcing – Exploring the value of images for talent sourcing
- One-click apply, an advantage for applicants
- Social Recruiting: walk the walk or talk the talk
- What HR can learn from marketing. And vice versa
- LinkedIn vs. Xing, do we still need 2 networks?
- Building talent pipelines